|Protect your account
Beware of deceptive emails
that appear to come from IDBI Bank asking you to update sensitive account
information (like Login ID, Password, ATM PIN, etc.) or asking you to
verify your identity or to login to your account for instant activation
etc. by clicking on a link provided within the email.
activity whereby somebody seeks to steal your identity is commonly known
as 'phishing'. know
DO NOT act on such mails. Please delete these e-mails from
ensure the following before you login:
- The URL address on the address bar of your internet
browser begins with "https"; where the letter 's' at the end of "https"
- Look for the padlock symbol either in the address bar or the status bar BUT not within the web page display area. Verify the security certificate by clicking on the padlock
- Ensure that the address bar has turned to green indicating that the site is secured with an SSL that meets the Extended
Validation Standard (supported in IE 7 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.1
and above & Google Chrome)
- Always type the address of the IDBI Bank’s website in the address bar of your browser or access it from the list of
favourites you have stored. Do not access the bank website through a link in an email or through another website.
- Avoid using IDBI net Banking site from untrusted
computers (e.g. Cyber café)
- Use the Virtual Keypad for enhanced security to enter
your net banking passwords.